Monday, February 28, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
I was passed along the 7 Facts Blog Award by Carolina City Girl! I love reading these and learning more about people so here are 7 random facts about me!
1. I have never dyed, colored, highlighted or anythinged my hair. I also don't get it cut too much I get nervous they're going to chop off more than I'd like- I haven't had my hair cut since August.
2. J'ai etudié français 6 ans. Dans la futur, je voudrai plus opportunities de parler francais chaque jour! (I studied French for 6 years. In the future I would like more opportunities to speak French every day!) Along those lines I plan on living overseas again one day
3. I have been applying for jobs, editing my resume, and writing cover letters for over a year now... and I'm sick of it! However, I recently applied for what is basically my dream job so... throw up a little prayer for me that the right thing comes along, and quickly! Because...
4...the lease on my apartment runs out in the beginning of May and my roommate is moving. This means that I have to find a new apartment and will most likely be living alone...or paying really expensive rent, somewhere, depending on where I end up. I have never lived alone and that prospect is kind of scary/exciting. It is also quite possible that Peter and I will be doing the long distant thing, at least for a little bit... and that is VERY scary for me!
5. In my current apartment I have a little porch. We have been having super nice warm breezy days and I have been dying to sit outside or at least leave my screen door open. However... the family that lives below me smokes, which means I have to close my door and go inside every time they go out there, unless I want my apartment smelling like cigarettes. Not fair!
6. I recently was turned on to Mumford & Sons! AH-MAY-ZING! They are British and a kind of cross between Kings of Leon/Needtobreathe/Avett Brothers! They have also confirmed my unspoken love for the banjo.
7. Today I am making banana bread to take to a friend who recently had a sweet baby boy. Here is the recipe:
- Heat oven to 350 and lightly grease an 8 x 4 x 2 inch loaf pan.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl beat sugar and shortening with an electric mixer til light, scraping sides of bowl often.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and the milk beating til smooth after each addition. Add flour mixture and banana alternately to creamed mixture beating til smooth after each addition. Fold in nuts.
- Turn batter into pan and bake at 350 for one hour (I check it earlier) or til wooden pick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Wrap to store it.
Friday, February 18, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Friday, February 4, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
I think there is a time and place to forge your own path and time to just do what is required of you. In general I hope to be seen as someone who did what was pleasing to the Lord, which sometimes means going against "duty".
2. If you could do-over any one day out of the last seven, which day would it be and why?
I would not go back to any day last week. I'm all about looking forward and making the next seven days a whole lot better than the last.
3. Hot cocoa...yay or nay on marshmallows?
YAY! A big handful of marshmallows right on top. And a big handful on the side to snack on.
4. Do you wear makeup everyday? What are the top two must haves in your daily makeup routine?
Let's just say I don't apply makeup everyday but I pretty much always have a little make up on, even if it's just left over from the day before. My top two must-haves are:
5. Is it more important in your relationship to be loved or understood?
To be loved. I want to be loved even when he doesn't always understand my actions, or what I'm saying, or when my emotions are crazy.
6. Parsley, sage, rosemary or thyme?
7. What do you do when you feel angry?
Get flustered, try to argue my point, sulk, throw my arms in the air, cry. Feel bad about how I acted, apologize.
8. SPRING IS COMING! That wonderful groundhog didn't see his shadow! Click here to watch his hopeful prediction of better weather around the corner!