I had a wonderful weekend last May at my friends Bachelorette weekend- can I go back please?? It's pretty much impossible for me to use just one word to describe my relationship with the ocean. But mostly I felt HAPPY!
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
1) People chewing with their mouth open, 2) people smacking gum, 3) people talking with their mouth full... basically don't chew in my ear, or too loud, or while you talk.
3. When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
I pretty much always have to try it on in the store. I am a tiny person and I don't trust the sizes on the hanger. Except I did just order a few things online because they were so cute and worth the risk.
Love them right out of the shell- so salty and good! But I also love pistachio ice cream.
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
That's a hard one to answer and I can't think of a personal example at the moment. Living in D.C I hear a lot about compromise and how this side or that side needs to compromise. But to me compromise doesn't mean just one side or one person giving in and putting aside their beliefs or opinions to appease the other side. Compromise involves both parties giving some ground. A lesson I believe a lot of people in this town still need to learn.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
Hey, I think my mom wrote this question just for me!
I recently wrote 6 letters to said officials (although I didn't elect them specifically). I faxed them off in a huff- a hard sheet of paper is harder to ignore than an email. I sent two to each senator and two to my representative. One to their Washington offices and one to their Maryland offices. I was fired up about something, won't go into here, and I wanted to make sure someone heard me. And I DID get a letter in response from one of them! I was pleasantly surprised. Although a little generic, I appreciated him acknowledging my letter and addressing some of my concerns.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
I am already looking forward to the end of the month. Easter and spring! Can you tell by my recent purchases shown in #3 that I am ready for warmer days?
8. Insert your own random thought here.Basically over the weekend I drove 45 minutes (both ways) to get Sonic....
And that cherry-limeade was worth every mile!