Why 1001 days? Big resolutions always seem to fall short. So instead this is a mis-matched list of long term and short term things to simply check off. It's stretched over 2.75 years so there's less pressure. Some of them are silly little things I want to try or be able to say I've done. Others are more serious things that I'd like to make permanent fixtures in my life.
The start date: 7/1/12
The end date: 3/29/15
1. Become a serious yoga student.
2. Take more ballet classes.
3. Read all Jane Austen novels. (1/6)
4. Go camping with friends.
6. Meet a blog friend in real life.
7. Take more graphic design classes.
8. Give up soda for a month
9. Give up soda for a year (forever?)
10. Go on a picnic- use actual picnic basket.
11. Send my sister a care package.
12. Visit 3 states I’ve never been to. (1/3)
13. Go kayaking.
15. Go on a cross-country road trip.
16. Knit a blanket.
17. Go to a museum with my sketch-book.
18. Walk from my house to the National Mall.
19. Go to an outdoor movie.
20. Start a book club.
21. Join a women’s bible study.
22. Grow Shannon Elizabeth Designs.
24. Get a beach cruiser.
25. Have Grandma teach me how to make jelly.
26. Sew something I can wear.
28. Read a book in French.
29. Throw a dinner party. Send invites.
30. Commit to a 15 minute daily quite time.
32. “Year of the Cookie” challenge.
33. De-clutter/ simplify my life. Throw away stuff I don’t need.
34. Drink 8 glasses of water a day for a week.
35. Read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. (1/3)
37. Learn to play 5 new songs on my guitar, from memory.
38. Go to an amusement park.
42. Go on vacation with just my sister.
43. Become a member at a church.
44. Pickle my own pickles.
45. Visit my grandfather at Arlington Cemetery.
46. Save three month’s salary.
47. Go to a blog conference.
49. Organize craft supplies.
50. Pack bags with necessities to keep in car and hand out to homeless people.
51. Deep clean my car interior and exterior.
52. Learn how to properly knot a man’s tie and bow tie.
53. Get certified to scuba dive.
54. Host a game night.
55. Hang up my hammock and use it.
56. Memorize 30 verses.
57. Blog about each completed item on this list.
59. Get a puppy.
60. Hike on the Appalachian trail.
61. Stand on or under a waterfall.
63. Try 5 DC food trucks. (5/5)
64. Develop a healthy skin routine.
65. Go to a movie by myself.
67. Plant my own herbs to use in cooking.
68. Ride Space Mountain in Disney World.
69. Raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
70. Communicate with someone in a foreign language.
71. Buy something at Eastern Market.
72. Use my professional camera more and my iPhone camera less.
73. 10 blog designs. (3/10)
74. Surprise someone with Georgetown Cupcakes.
76. Read 1 book a month-more if possible, keep a record of books read each month. (12/33)
77. Post a video blog.
79. Try 5 DIY projects I’ve pinned.
80. Go to a haunted house and not close my eyes.
81. Watch the sunrise at Pretty Place.
82. Mail 50 spontaneous letters/cards to friends and family.(1/50)
84. Start a vinyl collection.
85. Go to Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration.
86. See a dermatologist.
87. Learn how to change a tire.
88. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
90. Take a self defense class.
91. Write to my sponsor child once a month.
92. Design my own business card.
93. Go horseback riding.
94. Make an iTunes playlist of 101 of my favorite songs.
95. Stop saying “like.”
96. Pick up my violin again and take a lesson.
97. Update my online portfolio.
98. Update my resume.
99. Do a blog giveaway.
101. Celebrate finishing my list and create a new list!