My mom-the number one fan of my new blog baby gave me a blog award! She evidently has alot of faith in me and my blogging potential. The award is the Happy 101 Blog and it's given to people whose blogs brighten your day!
Here are the unofficial rules of this award:
1) List 10 things that make you happy.
2) Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day
3) If you are one of the 10 bloggers awarded, link back to my blog and continue brightening people's days!
Two pretty long posts in one day, I guess it's because I am feeling so encouraged- hope no one minds, they both have lists of ten too..
Ten things that make me happy!
1. My parents- I am so blessed to have such loving, supportive parents and I am so thankful that I was able to have a long winter break at home with them!
2. My sister-my best friend! She is at the same university as me and she is in the same sorority as me too! I love having her so close by. (I am on the left- yes my little sister is taller than me...)
3. My boyfriend. We've been together for over a year and he always brightens my day.
4. Rainy days when I can stay in my pajamas, watch movies, drink hot tea and snuggle all day. Is there anything better? Today happens to be one of those days but it's snowing instead of raining which works for me too!
5. Girls night! I love a good night out (or in) with my best friends!
6. Charleston. It is my favorite city in South Carolina, maybe even in the US. I love the old historic buildings, the AMAZING food, sitting on the swings on the piers, great shopping and walking, beautiful low country! My boyfriend and I spent Valentines day weekend there last year. He has a rugby game there this year and I can't wait to go!
7. The beach! Laying out, skim boarding, jumping waves, sunrises, sunsets, reading on the beach, shell seeking, pina coladas, I like the smell of sunscreen, it brings back memories of vacations and summers past.
8. Road trips with friends! I'm happy as a clam sitting in the middle seat in the back laughing with friends, listening to good music. Bonus points if the sun roof or windows are open. It doesn't really matter where you go, although a road trip to the beach or Charleston happens to be my favorite kind. Just don't let me drive.
9. Reading a really good book. The kind of book that you never want to finish because it's so good that you want it to go on and on.
10. Young Life! The best ministry ever! Non profit, non denominational Christian ministry for high schoolers. When I was in high school YL brought me closer to Christ and now I am a leader tying to share my faith with some amazing young people in SC. My YL team is also like my family. YL brings me so much joy and keeps me accountable.Let me know if any of y'all find happiness in these things too! Since I am a new blogger I don't have ten blog friends yet but I wanted to say thank you to the seven following bloggers-you brighten my day, even if you don't know it! I know some of these bloggers are much to busy and important to do this but I wanted to show some love to the blogs that I have been reading and some of the very nice people who have shown me love on my first few days as a new blogger.