Everyone told me second year is the hardest year of residency, for the doctors and their families. While so far it has been so much better than what I prepared myself for (seriously the other wives were totally freaking me out), I have started to feel the weight of it more and more. While he's no longer the intern, and he doesn't have any away rotations this year, he does have an even more demanding schedule and more frequent overnight call shifts which means at least once a week he's gone for 48 hours.
So what's a girl to do during those longer stretches and solo nights?
1. Have popcorn and diet coke for dinner.
2. Hang all the things I haven't hung yet, rearrange, and then put back, and move again. If you follow me on instagram you would have seen that I hung the sheet music to our first dance song, (True- George Strait) above our bed.
3. Deep clean the bathroom. (I've been putting that one off for a while...)
4. Finally order some framed wedding photos. And it's about time, we only got married eight months ago! I won a $100 credit to SnapBox from Sarah Tucker's blog a while back but I hadn't ordered anything yet because I just couldn't decide where I wanted to hang things. Plus it was basically impossible to choose my favorite images. I want them all but I also don't want our house to look like a shrine to us... it's a fine line.
5. Re-watch Grey's Anatomy from the beginning. I'm on season 4 and I'm not ashamed.
6.Plan my friend's Bachelorette weekend. Um... we're going to Harry Potter World!!!! Because why the heck not! I used Airbnb for the first time to book us a cute house down there with it's very own little pool. I cannot wait for a long weekend in Florida with some of my best friends and did I mention Harry Potter World yet? Because I solemnly swear that I can't even handle it!
7. And several trips to the dog park because I need Hunley to play with someone else besides me for just 5 minutes please.So there you have it. The house is clean and the husband is home now. Happy Monday!