1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of February this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day?
I am linking up over at my mom's blog today for the Hodgepodge. Since it's a leap year I had all this extra time to sit down and blog.
Who really wants an extra day in February? And today is actually gloomy and rainy. Yuck! I would much rather it was an extra day in the summertime. Oh well. I will spend it much like the day before- at work.
2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part?
Last April I took a big leap of faith and moved up to D.C.. I had to put all my trust in God and the direction He was sending me. It's turned out pretty great!
3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far?
One year I gave up soda, another year I tried to give up Facebook. This year rather than giving up a physical object that I'm slightly addicted to I've decided to give up some of my time each day to spend in quiet time with God. I picked up a copy of Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and I am loving it!
4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?
The other weekend Peter and I house-sat at this fabulous home and spent some time playing cards in front of one of the many fireplaces.
5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option?
I'm pretty sure I've never ordered Surf and Turf. I don't really like lobster (I LOVE crabs though) so I would likely ask to see a menu.
6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose?
Friends. Hands down. No questions asked. Has there ever been a better show? The answer to that question is no. I own all 10 seasons on DVD. I've seen every episode a dozen times. I still watch re-runs when they come on tv. I pretty much watch an episode at night when I'm trying to fall asleep. I own the Friends Scene It game. I remember watching the final episode. Pretty sure I cried. I quote it and I still think it's hysterical. Why, oh, why did you have to end??
7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?
I would say I have a selective memory. For instance, I have selected to forget most of what I learned in school as it pertains to things like mathematics and science.
Click on over to post your answers too!
I agree...Friends was a good show! I've heard that Jesus Calling a great read...might have to pick up a copy for myself! Enjoy your day!ReplyDelete
Ha! I'd like my extra day to be in the fall. Never thought about what a bummer it is to get it in Feb! Experiencing the same weather, so I agree.ReplyDelete
Rainy and gray gross day here too! Great answers! I love Friends too I would love to see that show return! Have a great last day of February!ReplyDelete
I'm glad you played today. No leaps of faith for you lately? Or just none you want to share ? : )ReplyDelete
oops. I forgot to add my answer to that one. I updated it. Thanks for catching that :)Delete
Fun answers! And I like how your mom caught your omission. My son did that to me when I forgot to answer a question one time. :) Have a great leap day.ReplyDelete
OH, isn't Jesus Calling just the best! My kids would say Friends too, they know every word of every show. :o) Glad you joined your Mom and us'ins today. :o)ReplyDelete
Ah Jesus Calling is so great! I follow their twitter and we use that book in bible study! Hope you enjoy it :).ReplyDelete
Also, I couldn't be in any more agreement about friends-best show ever!