Early Morning Hodgepodege
I am up way too late and decided I wanted to be the first one to link up with this week's hodgepodge! Sadly I was not quite quick enough. humph.
1. Lent starts today...do you participate, and if so, in what way?
Lent to me is about giving something to help us prepare for the season of Easter. To help us recognize the sacrifice Jesus made for us and to spend this time focusing on Him more. This year I will be giving up sweets. Candy, soda, sugary desserts. I consume way too much of this stuff. (My boyfriend will confirm.) I also recently just bought myself a copy of Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest. I hope this season of self discipline helps me stay committed to this amazing devotional. Yesterday's passage was heavy but appropriate for Lent. It talked about the "surrendered life" which I think is exactly what this season is wanting us to focus on. Oswald asked some tough questions: "Are we willing to surrender our grasp on all that we possess, our desires, and everything in our lives? Are we ready to be identified with the death of Jesus Christ?"
2. Traditionally pancakes are eaten on the Tuesday before Lent, known as Shrove Tuesday. What's your pleasure when it comes to eating pancakes?
I prefer my pancakes with chocolate chips and a little syrup. I also really like bacon with them for the salty sweet combo (bacon dipped in syrup is soo yummy!) If I'm not in the mood for chocolate I like them plain with fresh peaches on them and whipped cream, no syrup needed.
3. What is your favorite spring time flower and do you suffer from springtime allergies?
My favorite spring time flower is the hydrangea! I love the big balls of blooms and all the different colors. I do however suffer from seasonal allergies. The part of South Carolina that I live in has one of the highest pollen counts and I can already feel it coming on. Time to break out the Claritin!
4. Our opinion of people depends less upon what we see in them and more on what they make us see in ourselves. Do you agree? Why or why not?
I agree. My close friends and the people I love make me see things in myself that I love. Or they make me confront things about myself that I don't like.
5. Since it's March and also the season of Mardi Gras... have you ever been in a parade? What's the best parade you've ever seen?
It's been a while since I've seen a parade. I don't remember participating in one but I have this feeling that I was in one. Mom help out here? The best on I've ever seen is probably Disney's parade every night in the Magic Kingdom with all the lights.
6. You would jump up and down and shout for joy right now if someone told you you're hired!
7. How clean is your car on the outside? Inside? Is there junk in your trunk?
Relatively clean all around. My trunk is empty. However my dad would probably disagree.
If you need a good cry watch Lifetime's new series Coming Home. Seriously turned me into a bawling mess. But they were happy goose bump inducing tears. It's from the creators of Extreme Makeover Home Edition if that gives you any indication....