Dinner Last Night
I was craving PW's Sesame Noodles last night so I made them and I made and an Asian Cabbage Salad to go along with them. I made the full recipe for the salad dressing and the noodle sauce so I could save them for later meals (they make a lot!)
Here's the recipe for this yummy salad:
- Cabbage. I just bought a bag of shredded cabbage because I'm lazy but the best option is to buy a head of Napa Cabbage.
- A bag of broccoli slaw
- Sugar snap peas. (These are optional - you don't have to include them or you could use any veggie you want. Broccoli would be a good option)
- Chicken Ramen. (Set aside seasoning packet for dressing.)
- Almond slivers.
- Green onion
- Mandarin oranges
Combine the above ingredients and toss with salad dressing below:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 T red wine vinegar (can substitute with rice vinegar)
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame oil (about 1/2 T- a little goes a long way)
- a little salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds
- 2 T white sugar
In a saucepan over medium heat combine vinegar and sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in seasoning packet from Ramen noodles (above). Add a little oil, a soy sauce and the sesame oil. Taste test. Add more if needed. Toss over salad below, top with sesame seeds. Let chill and enjoy!
Holy cow that looks delish! You make it sound so easy....! I wish we had a PW near by I love that place!ReplyDelete
I haven't tried this one yet...it looks fab!ReplyDelete
Oh my! I could almost taste and feel the crunch of this salad as I read your post, Shannon! I am gonna HAVE to try this!!! Yum!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this for us!!!ReplyDelete
I have eaten a recipe very similar to this and it was divine!!! I will have to try your version. I love things like this. Thanks for sharing. Hope your new year is off to a good start. Love & blessings from NC!ReplyDelete