Holly Jolly Hodgepodge
1. What is the most interesting thing you've done in the last year?
Graduated from college. Not just the actual graduation ceremony mind you, but the whole being a senior and the culmination of 4 years of work and play. And then making the transition to the real world. It's been interesting to say the least.
2. What is your most meaningful family heirloom?
Well, in honor of the season I'll say that this time of year it's the pickle ornament. We have some very old ornaments that have been passed down and are really old, and the pickle is a favorite. Every year my dad hides the pickle somewhere on the tree (or as we've gotten older, anywhere in the whole house). Then sister and I race to be the one to find it and whoever finds it first gets to put it on the tree and they get a year of good luck. I think this is a German tradition but don't quote me.
3. What food festival would you most like to attend?
Well they all sound yummy. But I have to go with my mom's choice and say the Christmas Champagne Market in France.
4. I LOVE snow!!! It just reminds me of some of my happiest childhood memories. Sleeping with my pj's inside out and backwards, snow dances with the neighbors in the middle of the street. And then the moment of elation when you fling open the shade and see nothing but white. I love seeing my school's name run across the bottom of the news station under school cancellations. When we lived in Maryland we got tons of snow. Highlight of my childhood, and I'm not even kidding, was the Blizzard of 96! Peter was also living in DC at that time as well so we can share fond memories of endless snow days.
5. Can you ski? Do you ski? Are you good?
Yes I can ski. Yes I do ski-with my dad, preferably in Chamonix, France or Seefeld, Austria, but I'm not too picky. Am I good? Yes, sometimes- no tricks or super duper drops though. I have to start slow and build up my confidence, since there's so much time between each ski trip, but once I get going I'm up for most of the slopes and I really enjoy it (although I have been known to throw a temper tantrum on the top of a steep icy slope at the end of a long day-my dad can attest to that.) I also love the ski towns, food and shopping that comes with a ski trip!
6. What quality in your spouse or best friend are you most thankful for?
Sense of humor. And a sense of adventure-willing to try new things!
7.Describe the coziest place in your house.
I don't have many nooks and crannies in my little apartment but I love to snuggle on my couch/bed with a good movie and my honey.
8. So since I ended up not having work on Monday or Tuesday this week I got to change my flight back to South Caroline and stay an extra 2 nights! It was so nice to have little longer with my parents since I don't know what kind of time I'm going to get off at Christmas. ug. Oh! Also, I got to open the first day of my advent calendar and start putting up decorations today! I will definitely post pictures!