The Wednesday Hodgepodge
I linked up at my mom's blog for this week's hodgepodge. Click below to share your answers as well!
1. Do you play games of luck/chance for money? Have you ever played bingo for money? Visited a casino? Placed a bet on a horse? Bought a lottery ticket?Most games of luck and chance involve math and that's really not my thing, like I am horrible at math, still count on my fingers bad. So while I should probably avoid all games where winning money is dependent on my math skills, I have experience with all these activities, somewhat:
- The last time I participated in Bingo was in elementary school at the senior living center with my girl scout troop- money was not involved.
- I have been to one casino in Ocean City. It was just slots and automated games- no real skill involved, just pull the lever and lose money. I can handle this-my wallet cannot.
- I've been to a few horse races before (see here) but never bet on them.
- I did buy a few lottery tickets when it was nearly $600 million, because you just have to. Obviously I did not win.
Another multi-part question. If I was going to be at home I'd be enjoying my mom's corned beef and cabbage. I always loved this growing up and I love corned beef sandwiches for lunch the next day too. Maybe I'll make this for my roommates this weekend. As far as potatoes are concerned I love them pretty much anyway as long as I don't have to be the one to peel them. Does peeling potatoes make anyone else's hands feels dry and red and itchy or is that just me and my mom? Speaking of potatoes, I just pinned a new slow cooker recipe for scalloped potatoes that I'd like to try.
3. What's the last thing you felt 'green with envy' over?
Let's just say I'm not a fan of the facebook updates that say "so and so got engaged."
4. What's at the end of your rainbow?
Something much better than any old pot of gold...
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10
5. Besides your blog, do you keep any sort of diary or journal? Was this a habit you developed as a child or is journaling something new for you?
That would be a big fat yes!
6. What's an item in your home or closet that contains every color of the rainbow?
My tie-dye Young Life sweatshirt blanket:
7. Write a limerick with you as the subject. You can do it!!
There once was a daughter whose mother
was anything but a bother.
She liked to ponder and pose
tough questions in long prose.
I love her and wouldn't want another.
8. Have you tried my new favourite treat?
Chocolate and pomegranate is the perfect combination! I basically ate this entire bag in one sitting.