Kiss me I'm Irish and it's time for another Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. What would you do if you found a pot of gold (apparently worth exactly $1500 and you're not allowed to donate it)?
Is it boring to say I would save it? I wouldn't save it all though. I'd probably treat myself to some new clothes, and tickets to Bonaroo...
2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way shape or form?
Well, I am Irish! I wear green. I pinch people who don't. I love corned beef and cabbage. One year in elementary school, back when I used to bring a thermos of milk for lunch everyday, my mom dyed my milk green!
3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning Bug?
Um yes! Big time! I got the new Real Simple in the mail the other day and it was all about Spring Cleaning. Picture me with my pants rolled up to my knees, toothbrush in hand, balancing on the edge of the tub, cleaning grout. I feel so cleansed and my apartment smells so nice!
4. Lime | Shamrock | Sage | Forest? What is your favorite shade of green?
Green is my favorite color! I would say the shade I like the most is best described as "natural" or "stem" green.
5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more of it I have." So... do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck?
I used to be kinda superstitious. But as I've grown up (and my faith as matured) I know that nothing is about chance. I don't necessarily agree that we make our own luck either, but I do think that the harder you work, the better chance you have of succeeding!
6. Monday was "Pi Day". What is your favorite kind of pie (the edible kind)?
Angel Pie! 'nuff said!
7. What do you think it is more important and/or valuable in life: intelligence or common sense?
I think you need a healthy dose of both, but I'd much rather have common sense! This may sound harsh-unintelligent people can get by on common sense and find creative ways around what they don't know. But I don't think intelligent people can get by without common sense, it's like you can't present your intelligence in an appropriate way without it.
8. Random (HAPPY) thought: I'm taking a little trip to D.C. next week! Can't wait! More details to follow!
Good luck for your trip next week, hope you have a great time :)ReplyDelete
I love the new color on your background and also the springy header-so pretty! It was fun reading your answers. I wish you were home to scrub the grout in my bathrooms with a toothbrush. And check your mailbox because I may have sent you something...it is not green milk : )ReplyDelete
Oh, Simple Life....what a great magazine. I miss it here in Germany.ReplyDelete
Oh i need to get the Real Simple Magazine tips to save time cleaning sign me up! Love green too my favorite color! Have a wonderful trip to DC, we are going for Spring break looking at colleges for my daughter there and PA. Have a great time.ReplyDelete
i love green, too - it's such a fresh and fun color! i can't wait to get my Real Simple mag in the mail. once i read it, i'm sure you'll find me spring cleaning, too :)ReplyDelete
Enjoy your trip to D.C.ReplyDelete
Pictures to come?
Have a great time in DC! They have a "megabus" that runs from Knoxville to DC...it only costs $10! It takes a little longer to get there (than if you drove yourself), but for $10 I think it might be worth it! And, it has internet!ReplyDelete
What IS this angel pie??ReplyDelete
That sounds like a fun concert! Have fun cleaning. Figured you would say Angel Pie! Yes I think common sense is important. Have fun in D.C.ReplyDelete