Christmas Countdown: 10 days
1. What does it mean to have the holiday spirit?
I think it means that you are filled with the hope of the season and the promise that this time of year brings. I think means that you don't get caught up in the stress of travel plans, or the amount shopping or baking or cleaning you have to do. I try to focus on this...
"Long lay the world, in sin and error pining till he appeared and the soul felt it's worth. A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn! Fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices. Oh night divine, oh night when Christ was born!"'
2. What sits atop your tree?
An angel. Why, because it's the season.
3. When was the last time you gave yourself a pat on the back?
Probably when I got a positive response to my resume and cover letter from a potential future employee/contact. It gave me encouragement and hope!
4. Which of your senses is most sensitive this time of year?
My sense of smell. I can sniff out butter creams and candy canes from anywhere in the house! I also have to keep myself from sniffing out the presents!
5. What do you have too much of in your kitchen?
Mis-matched Tupperware, and leftovers.
6. What do you do for meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Big Meal? Breakfast tradition? Open the cookie tins and have at it?
Christmas eve we usually have a huge Thanksgiving-esq feast! Shrimp cocktail, turkey, stuffing and all the fixings. We open the cookie tins and have at it after every meal. Christmas morning we have a yummy breakfast casserole in between stocking gifts and under the tree gifts. Christmas meal is usually honey baked ham and left overs and more cookies!
7. What is the best thing about winter?
Snow days, butter creams, time off from work, and time with the family!!
8. Today is the last day of exams for people who have exams, which means Peter and sister are both leaving me here... ugh! On the bright side there are 10 days till Christmas Eve and then I get some holiday time too!