Home Tour Friday: My "Dining Room" and Kitchen
Welcome back to another link up with Kelly's Korner where I am showing you all my lovely post-college apartment. Today : My "Dining Room" and kitchen. I know it's supposed to be just the dining room but I don't really have that so I'm combining it with my kitchen.
The seating area. This table belonged to my parents, I think it was their first kitchen table together. (Mom look, I got a table cloth just like you told me to-see I listen.) Parents, a word of advice. Do not throw away any furniture! Save it for your college kids. Put it in your basement-it will appreciated again one day! I promise.
In the center of the table. A cinnamon apple spiced candle, a mini pumpkin and napkins that say "I'm not saying she's a slut... Well okay, yes I am." hehe
My little cooking area.
My fridge and pantry door all ready for October. I will share all my fall decorations soon!
Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies.
Do they make anyone else think of fall? Here's the recipe.
What you'll need:
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp of vanilla
1 1/4 cup of flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
sugar for top
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine white sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add peanut butter, vanilla, egg and blend well.
4. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well again.
5. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheet.
6. With fork dipped in white sugar lightly flatten and make the criss-cross pattern.
7. Bake for 6-9 minutes or until set and golden brown.
8. Immediately remove and let cool.
9. Pour yourself a cold glass of milk.