This one was just simple and slow and quiet and I loved every minute of it.
This was my last weekend before I leave for Young Life camp and TJ leaves for a new rotation (someday I'll stop being so vague about our situation). Sadly this means I wont see him till probably Labor Day weekend so I'm so glad we just got to soak up time together without any schedule or to do list.
The weekend included a Dunkin Donuts and Whole Foods run for crullers, hummus, pita chips, olives and other picnic foods that we nibbled on while watching a bunch of our favorite movies and just relaxing together.
Also, just so you know, TJ has never seen an episode of Friends. Let that sink in.
Did you know there are normal people out there who've never seen this show?
I mean it's on all the time and it's the funniest show ever and don't even try to argue with me on this point. I own the entire box set so you better believe I'm making him watch every episode with me at some point. Sunday we alternated between an inning of the Braves game followed by an episode of Friends. It's going to take us a long time to get through all 10 seasons at this rate. Good thing I plan to keep him around for a while.
This week will include:
- Getting everything as organized as possible at work so I don't come back from camp with a mountain hanging over me.
- Packing!! I just know I am going to forget something essential and so my lists have started to take on multiple pages.... Y'all we are DRIVING to Colorado! That's 32 hours on a bus with my high school friends. Let's just say I'd rather be over prepared.
- Happy hour with the roommates and boyfriends. While TJ has been up here this month I have admittedly neglected my roommates a bit and opted to spend basically all my free time with him. I'm hoping we can do a big fun night this week all together before August comes and everyone is elsewhere.
- More packing. And then I'll probably take everything out to repack and consolidate and then just give up and bring everything.
- Pray over all the girls in my cabin and commit this verse to memory so that I never forget (on that 32 hour bus ride when I'm starting to lose my mind) why I am going to camp and why I want these high school friends to have the best week of their lives:
"For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again." 2 Corinthians 5:14-21