I loved being with my family. We had a full house Christmas weekend and so my sister and I got to have a sleepover and I just love waking up and having everyone in the house with me!
2.You get to put five items in a time capsule to be opened in 100 years, what items would you choose and why?
- My hot rollers: I love my hot rollers (and my curling iron, straightener and hair dryer) and maybe in 100 years they'll still be around (I mean they've lasted this long) but it's probably more likely that they will look about as strange as this:
- My cell phone: pretty sure it's not going to take 100 years for it to be obsolete. Probably wont even take 5 years.
- A DVD: unless we can all agree to collectively ignore whatever they try to force on us after blueray, these things will be ancient history!
- A favorite book: I am anti Kindle/E-reader. I want to own a million books and have a floor to ceiling library with a rolling ladder and comfy plush chairs by a fireplace to read and read for hours and hours. Sadly, though, I have to wonder if books will still be printed in 100 years :(
- A note written in cursive: I only write in cursive! I wonder if they'll still teach it in school 100 years from now?
Baked brie en croute (recipe here)
4.Do you make resolutions? How'd that work out for you this past year?
I generally have some goals that I'd like to accomplish over the year. For instance I really want to put together a filing system for all those important documents that are piled up on my desk. I also have to start dancing again! This one has been a resolution for the past 5 years but I just know this is going to be the year it sticks!
5. What song or song lyric will you associate with 2011?
Take Heart by Hillsong United. Here's a snippet of the lyrics:
"All our troubles
And all our tears
God our hope
He has overcome
God our justice
God our grace
God our freedom
He has overcome
God our refuge
God our strength
God is with us
He has overcome"
6.How will you ring in the new year?
I am going to Peter's house in Ocean City. I love the beach in the winter (or any time at all) and I am so excited to be with my honey on New Years. This will be our 4th one as a couple but our first one spent together!
7.What is something you look forward to in 2012?
My cousin Anna being completely healed of cancer!!
8. I want a fun sparkly dress like this one to wear on NYE: