Thursday, September 30, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Yesterday was the first rainy day we've had in I don't know how long. And with it came gloriously cooler weather. It's just crazy because Saturday it was in the 9o's and I got sunburned. Yesterday I was cool in pants and a sweater. It finally felt like fall. I was half (ok more like 60/40) tempted to bring out my candy corn candy dish and to buy a pumpkin. I know it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow but for today I am going to stay in rainy day happy mode.
- I would have opened my bedroom window to listen to the rain and gone back to bed.
- I would have made a big mug of hot tea and watched the Martha Stewart show for fall inspiration...
- ...while wrapped in a blanket on my couch/bed in my comfy yoga pants and a sweatshirt.
- I would have kept the porch door open to let in the cool breeze.
- I would make yummy soup for lunch.
- I would have gone to starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte and some quiet time.
- I would have watched Pride and Prejudice.
- I might have cleaned all my baseboards.
- I might have sorted through my warm weather clothes and gotten out my cool weather stuff.
- I would have made a dent in my reading list.
But because I am at work I can only do... none of those things so instead I've just changed the background on my computer here to this:
It's the little things right?
What do you all like to do on rainy days?
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Speaking of being stuck indoors, I have a little porch off of my apartment and right now that does nothing-I never use it. It's mostly storage for a bike and a pool raft. I do have a little darling table with two chairs that made their way across the pond. But I want more. I want a little place where I can sit outdoors, drink coffee and read or write in my journal. Or have a quaint meal for two. (I am posting this now so hopefully when Kelly's Korner does outdoor spaces on her Home Tour Fridays I can post a before and after.)
Here is the inspiration for the look I want to achieve. Style: european, bohemian, cottage, eclectic.
(all of these images are from here)