Thursday, January 28, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Since I wrote my first blog post January first, after the holidays were all over, I want to give a recap of what my wonderful break was like. This was my first Christmas at my house in New Jersey since my parents just moved there and it was only my third Christmas ever at my own home- we are usually the ones travelling to see all the relatives.
Here are the top ten highlights
1. Boyfriend and I drove from South Carolina to his dad’s house near Washington, DC. It’s about an eight-hour drive but it goes by pretty fast when you have good company and a good mix cd.
2. Spent two nights in DC and woke up to almost 2 feet of beautiful white snow!! (Seeing our capital covered in all that untouched snow was really something.
3. Managed to not be too delayed by the weather and took the train home to NJ.
4. Went to NYC! Saw all the really great decorations and window displays and the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular!
5. All the relatives from my mom’s side arrived at our house to celebrate the birth of Jesus! Wrapped gifts, exchanged gifts, opened gifts, enjoyed gifts. Enjoyed being with parents and sisters and aunts and uncles and memas and cousins. ATE WAY TOO MUCH! Washed and dried a lot of dishes. Ate some more, and then ate some cookies.
6. Got the Adobe Creative Suite4 Design Premium! My love affair with Photoshop grows everyday and now that it is on my own laptop I can do all kinds of fun things like make my own blog background-stay tuned.
7. Went to NYC again and met up with a few million of our closest friends for the New Years hullabaloo. (Visit my mom’s blog to read all about that crazy experience)
8. Went skiing with my dad.
9. Did not worry, stress, or really even think about school. RELAXED- caught up on some much needed sleep and watched a lot of tv.
10. Started a blog!
Friday, January 1, 2010
I am so excited to start Sincerely Shannon! I have wanted to start a blog for quite some time, however it took me forever to come up with an original name that I actually liked- I almost didn't get this post up today because I was still being indecisive about my name.
I am not entirely new to the blog world- I have been one of those faceless, blog-less followers ever since my mom started her blog, From This Side of The Pond, way back in 2009. I have been entertained and inspired by many bloggers and hope to contribute in an equally positive way.
For a little bit more of an intro, this is what my “about me” says:
Since this is my last year of formal education (insert huge sigh of relief), a TON of new things are coming my way: graduation, job (we hope), apartment, responsibilities, and the great unknown! I don’t want to forget a minute of this exciting time so I’m going to record and share and use this blog to keep family, friends and future followers (again, I’m being hopeful) in the loop. Join me in the ups and downs that come with leaving the college bubble!